Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Obama: You Don't Want Someone Slick



Obama has been stomping the campaign trail hard for Creigh Deeds, the Democrat in the Virginia gubernatorial race. He made one comment, recently, that struck me as odd.

In describing Creigh Deeds at a rally, Obama seemed to try and convince his audience to vote for the candidate who can offer real solutions, not someone who is merely "slick" looking. Obama's message seemed pretty darn simple: Sure, Deeds might look like a wreck adn his opponent, McDonnell seems well groomed and put together. But, does that really matter? Vote based on the issues! Here is a little of that exchange:

"Are you looking for someone slick?"
The crowd shouts back: No!
"Are you looking for someone who will be fighting for you...I hope you are going to be voting on his track record."


But, Mr. President, and forgive my ignorance, but weren't you viewed as the "cool, hip" candidate in 2008? If I remember correctly, your "style" was part of your whole image, right?

I don't know, maybe my memory is failing me. I just thought the comment was ironic. Check out the video link below.

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=8930953

No comments:

Post a Comment